IkamvaYouth is partnering with the Western Cape Government to implement after-school programming to learners in township schools. The aim is to ensure significant academic improvement, assist learners with their subject selection and enable them to build the skills they need to take their futures into their own hands.
A range of academic, cultural, and physical activities will be offered every day after-school to learners in grades 8 and 9 at the chosen MOD Centres. The Year Beyond Schools Coordinator will coordinate the project and facilitate the delivery of the academic support component, ensuring the smooth and effective operation of these after-school programmes by working closely with the independent service providers and stakeholders.
- Coordinating the implementation of after-school programmes in secondary schools in a township community in Western Cape;
- Negotiate and manage schedule;
- Ensure that IY model is being implemented; attendance tracking and kick-outs affected, tutor pedagogy, parents meetings, Branch Committees, Strategic Planning weekend, Winter School, Prize-giving;
- Ensure literacy and numeracy partner programmes are implemented to a high standard and that analytics are tracked and reported accurately;
- Manage programme delivery budgets and spending against budget,s; handle cash books and deliver accurate monthly financial report
- Monitor increase in academic performance through measurement and implementation of strategies to achieve impact;
- Manage the relationships between the volunteers, principal/teachers, and MOD Centre staff;
- Submit quarterly narrative and excel reports capturing attendance, report collection, test results;
- Ensure that volunteers and staff are regularly blogging and uploading to social media platforms;
- Aid the project manager to plan and implement a successful training week and ongoing quarterly training with the volunteers alongside the schools coordinator;
- Facilitate weekly de-briefs with volunteers; session planning, implementation and feedback
- Minimum of three year degree or five years’ work experience (ideally in youth development; project planning, implementation and management)
- Advanced management skills to manage sites, volunteers, donors, sponsors, funders, learners, and community expectations;
- Highly organised and efficient;
- Impeccable time management, data collection and reporting ability;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work alone, take initiative, and manage teams;
- Adept at using computers (Microsoft Office, social media and internet);
- Ability to work virtually (many discussions, meetings and document development occur collaboratively online);
- Passion for working with young people, a pro-active energy and an outgoing personality will be most suitable for this role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Driving licence and own transport
Gross Salary: R 12 650
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with “Year Beyond- Schools Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No late applications will be accepted.
For more about IkamvaYouth, refer to https://ikamvayouth.org.www518.jnb1.host-h.net.
For more information about the Year Beyond programme, refer to http://www.westerncape.gov.za/yearbeyond.