IkamvaYouth is looking for an intern office assistant, to be based in our Cape Town office. The Intern will work closely with the National Administrator and Director, and will assist with office and organisational administration, logistics, event management and PR & Marketing.
This internship post would be best-suited to someone with excellent administration and writing skills who is interested in gaining high-level experience and insight into the inner workings of a fast-growing, high-impact national non-profit.
This internship opportunity is for 6 months – 1 year. The average week will vary, the ideal candidate will thrive in a changing environment and enjoy working independently with little supervision.
Duties include assisting with organisational administration and coordination. These duties are varied and likely to include (but not limited to):
- Overseeing and developing content for Ikamvayouth.org; Ikamvanitezone; social media (twitter, facebook,youtube, flickr & linkedin), dropbox
- Data entry
- Preparation for key provincial events throughout the year
- Event Coordination
- Researching/Compiling and writing articles for website/blog
Skills and qualities needed:
- Ability to take initiative, work with little supervision, be creative and deliver under pressure
- Organised and efficient; impeccable time management skills, data collection and reporting must be accurate
- Excellent writing and effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- A positive, friendly attitude, a passion for working with young people and a pro-active energy
- Must be adept at using computers (Excel, word, social media and internet, power-point) and able to work virtually (many discussions, meetings and document development occur collaboratively online);
To apply please send a letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com with the title ‘Internship’ in the subject line. Correspondence limited to shortlisted candidates only. Closing date 22 April 2013.