IkamvaYouth lost equipment, materials and resources worth hundreds of thousands of rands when a petrol bomb was thrown into its office on Freedom Day.
Everything is gone. Smart phones from our Nokia project; computers recently donated for our programming course; the PCs used by our branch coordinator and administrator; all our Answer Series study guides which were to be handed out to ikamvanites this Saturday; film and photography equipment (some of which belonged to volunteers); all our office furniture; photographs; files and records.
We’re calling for support via time or money:
– If you’re available to help with the cleanup, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 0789929269.
– If you’re a qualified counsellor and can volunteer to counsel affected ikamvanites, please contact email@example.com.
– Please donate funds to help us begin trying to replace all we’ve lost (please use FREEDOM as the reference) ** see below for bank details if you want to do a transfer from the US or the UK.
– If you have office furniture, equipment or computers to donate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
– If you have toys, furniture, books or equipment that the Zimele pre-school (our neighbour that was also affected) could use, please contact Monica on 0823103829.
Thanks everyone. The future is in our hands.
** To make a bank transfer in the US, please use the following account: