How will my child benefit from the tutoring programme?
Learners participating in IkamvaYouth will access opportunities to:
- Improve their marks, understanding of subjects and English speaking and writing skills
- Take responsibility for their own learning
- Learn in a safe, supportive environment
- Access learning support materials
- Participate in holiday programmes
How can my child access these benefits?
- Learners can apply to IkamvaYouth at the beginning of Grade 9 or 10
- To keep their place in the programme they need to attend a minimun of 75% of tutoring and homework sessions and 100% of the holiday programme (usually two weeks, Monday – Friday during winter and/or summer holidays)
- Submit quarterly school reports so that IkamvaYouth can track their academic achievement and provide targeted support where necessary
How can I get involved?
- Attend the open day at your local branch in January
- Encourage and monitor your child's attendance
- Attend parents meetings (link to mentoring programme below)
- Join branchcom meetings (held every two weeks)
- Volunteer to help out during the holiday programmes