How will my child benefit from the career guidance programme?
Learners participating in IkamvaYouth's career guidance programme will access opportunities to:
- Broaden awareness of post-school opportunities for further study, learnerships and employment
- Deepen awareness and understanding of career options
- Understand eligibility requirements (what subjects and what marks) are needed to access different courses, programmes and institutions
- Understand how to access financial aid (bursaries and scholarships)
How can my child access these benefits?
- Learners can apply to IkamvaYouth at the beginning of Grade 9 or 10
- To keep their place in the programme they need to attend a minimun of 75% of tutoring and homework sessions and 100% of the holiday programme (usually two weeks, Monday – Friday during winter and/or summer holidays)
- Submit quarterly school reports so that IkamvaYouth can track their academic achievement and provide targeted support where necessary
How can I get involved?
- Attend the open day at your local branch in January
- Encourage and monitor your child's attendance at workshops, the Indaba and field trips
- Attend parents meetings *link to mentoring programme below*
- Join branchcom meetings
- Volunteer to help out by supervising field trips