District Co-ordinator IkamavaYouth KZN
IkamvaYouth is a township-based non-profit organisation, established in 2003. With branches in five townships nationally, IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a District Co-ordinator (KZN) based in Durban. S/he will be based at in a township, and must be a social entrepreneur who is passionate about the power of education to transform lives and communities, a person who aims to make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in a by-youth for-youth educational movement that empowers young people to take their futures into their own hands.
- Steering the strategic direction of the district and enabling growth
- Budget development and financial management
- Manage stakeholder relationships, including funders, sponsors and the community
- Producing narrative and financial reports
- Site visits to branches
- Supervise branch staff to ensure that the required outcomes are achieved
- Provide support & oversight to branch coordinators
- Represent and liaise with branch coordinators for Natcom
- Fulfill related HR functions for branches
- Ensure quality delivery of programmes and implementation of IY policies and processes at branches
We are looking for graduate with work experience and a drivers licence. An individual with excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and advanced MS Office knowledge, will feel at home in this position. A background in project management or the NGO sector will be considered but is not essential. If you are driven, reactive, flexible and able to work with others to help them reach their potential, then this could be the position for you.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date 01 February.