To download the report from the Afternoon Brain-Storming and Action Plan Click here.
Both the Ebony Park and Ivory Park branches in Gauteng came together on Saturday the 17th of March from 12:30pm to 3:30 pm. The reason for the afternoon Strategic Planning Session was to introduce IkamvaYouth to all new volunteers and also brainstorm on how we can improve the IkamvaYouth experience for the learners and the tutors.
We had over 50 volunteers attending, including the Branch Committee members for both branches, and the topics that were discussed that afternoon were:
- What can we do to make the tutoring experience better for both the learner and the tutor?
- What ideas do we have for the Matrics given that they cannot come regularly on Saturdays?
- In what ways can we show some tutor appreciation?
- How do we improve the career guidance programme?
- Do you have any ideas for side-projects (either: tutor or learner-driven)?
One of the volunteers Paul Khokololo said, “The planning session was such an informative session and would definitely help the tutors to become better at helping the learners. Participating and working together to make suggestions and additions to IkamvaYouth has been an awesome experience.”
We are moving forward!
For a report of the Afternoon and Action Plan Click here