Availability for a full-time internship, for a minimum of 3 months:
· Working with learners and assisting with organisational administration
- If you would like to get involved in behind-the-scenes organisational administration and coordination, you can work with us for a full day and spend the morning in the office and the afternoon working with the learners.
· Administrative activities vary widely, but are likely to include:
- Data entry (learners' attendance and grades)
- Preparation for winter school in June (getting learning materials together, organising sponsorship for stationery, t-shirts, excursions to museums/galleries, etc.)
- Coordinating events (e.g. tutor training sessions, mentor training, sessions, meetings, etc.)
- Writing articles for the website
Availability for 6 – 12 months:
· More responsibility for programme delivery and coordination
· Opportunity to run a project (e.g. Arts/ English / Maths fundamentals / computer literacy etc.), in accordance with your interests and skills and the needs and interests of our learners.
· Skills and qualities needed:
- Ability to take initiative, work with little supervision, be creative and deliver under pressure with little resources.
- Understanding of resource constraints facing non-government organisations.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to think outside of the box in reaching our learners and motivating them.
- Your own transport or use public transport to our offices at your own cost.
- Preferably your own laptop, although some of our branches have PCs that you can use
- A positive, friendly attitude!